Tuesday 18 November 2008

On mobile phones

Yesterday, one of the younger boys (11) told me that someone was calling his phone anonymously repeatedly (....bullying alarm bells ringing...what did you do????? Fingers of blame pointing in my direction. Yeh yeh, point away.)

Having asked him if this was going on much in his form and whether their form tutor knew,(Phew, not me this time and it would have to be serious before I bothered her. For teachers hate being dumped on particularly the, 'Did you know x is bullying y?' type situation.)

I had a brain wave.

'If he phones again, pass the thing to me and I'll answer it. He'll get the shock of his life and won't do it again.' We had a chuckle and that little crisis passed.

'Hello Miss Leutgeb speaking, press 1 for 200 lines, 2 for a detention and 3 for a one way ticket to the Second Master's Office.'

That's pretty tame as stuff goes, though not for our 11 year old friend at that moment.

1 comment:

Mulier Fortis said...

Brilliantly handled, if I may say so! As the old insurance company tagline used to go "We won't make a drama out of a crisis"... though we might use it as blog-fodder!
;-)