Saturday 17 January 2009

Brave Bus Driver

According to The Times today a Christian Bus Driver in Southampton has refused to drive a bus displaying the, 'There's probably no God,' ad.

A quote from the Humanist Association.

'I have difficulty understanding why people with particular religious beliefs find the expression of a different sort of belief to be offensive.'

Transport for London had difficulty understanding why I found a tube advert for the moring after pill which started, 'Immaculate Contraception?' offensive, so I e mailed the ASA as did over 100 other people. The ad was removed on 8th December 2005. The day I got my present job.

Which is not to say that what I did was anything compared to refusing to drive a bus, just that some people just don't understand. What happened to that old chesnut, 'I may disagree with you but I will defend to the death your right to say it' ? It has in words of Grandma RIP, ' it's all gone very quiet.'

No comments: