Wednesday 9 December 2009

Christmas Cards

Experience has taught me that is this the time that I should write them. It seems too early, but next week is always a bit mad and then we're into First Class stamp territory and the foreign cards arriving between Christmas and New Year - not that that's ever been a problem for various of my friends and family.... and it's nice to get post when you are on holiday.

I don't do round robins because I think they are are either smug

'April saw us on our round the world cruise...'

or occasionally a bit morbid (may be that's just the Welsh side of the family terrrrible, OK that's one particular slightly distant set of rellies...,)

'Molly the dog took a turn for the worse and we had to cancel our trip to... (think of less than exciting destination of your choice, probably owned by the National Trust.)'

The sadness is that they are fine in real life.

I have one set of friends from university who married each other and have six children. Chris writes the only round robin worth reading which has a paragraph about each child - 'Noah wants to be Dr Who when he grows up...' and used to end with '... and Rachel is expecting a baby in...' but now ends differently, though you never know. Maybe young Naomi needs a younger sibling.

If I had to write one, mine would go

digging digging digging
concerts.....lots
slip, click ouch shoulder
Lourdes
concerts
Solesmnes
BROTHER'S WEDDING and NEW SISTER-IN-LAW
jam
more concerts
Digging digging digging

Neither smug, nor morbid, just a list.

1 comment:

gemoftheocean said...

I was thinking the same thing. I'm excusing myself today, because I have a sick tummy.