Tuesday 9 November 2010

Alarming

Alas, I don't count as one of the alarming Catholic housewife bloggers, because I'm not married, don't have children and therefore by default, have to go out to work.

I'm at home today, because having successfully kept a cold at bay last week succumbed after a 14 hour day yesterday, which included a Parents' Evening and attending an outdoor Remembrance Service. It was blowing a gale and pouring with rain whilst we watched all the local dignatories planting their crosses. Made you wonder what living in a trench was like, is all I can say. Didn't do much for my cold. Still, I'm not complaining with so many people loosing their jobs or being worried about being made redundant.

On the housewife front I get to the odd bit and this week's subversive act of cookery will be to make a massive (massive for me that is, normal, just enough for hungry teenagers for her,) apple crumble for my friend who is organsing the Family Day at Blackfen on Saturday. Her big pirex dish and her apples, for this is Kent, meet my butter, flour, sugar and oven.

I'm just not sure that I need a special code of conduct to regulate the reporting of such actions beyond the usual standards of charity.

3 comments:

JamesP said...

Hope you get better soon.

Maybe the guidelines could have helped you avoid getting a cold?

leutgeb said...

Thanks. I'll be back at work tomorrow. Important rehearsals + exam classes wait for no-one.

Stuffy public transport, schools and cold weather are just a bad combination coldwise.

Hope your family are all well.

Mulier Fortis said...

Colds are the quintessential occupational hazard for teachers - children make excellent biohazard incubators! Get well soon, and might I suggest a hot toddy or two- it doesn't actually help the cold, bit it means you don't mind having it quite so much...