Wednesday 28 March 2012

Practising with the iPad

It's proving very handy for all my chant needs on trains. Trains are the place where I learn music. Also great is that you can download a score from The interweb as a PDF, stick it in iBooks and then listen to the music on iTunes, if you like. Very handy indeed. When I was a student locating a score and a recording of quite a lot of stuff was hard, so this is a marvellous. The instrumental teachers at work say that boys are now downloading music and putting the iPad on piano music stands to practise. Quite cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am still a puter and printer person, but I can't get over the sheer amount of stuff that is only some wasted time on google away! Everything! (almost. not the Haydn aria "Vada adagio".) That's just the sheet music. The performances, the discussions (all these years and only last year on the internet did I find any sensible explanation of the famously puzzling phrase in the first exercise in the bible of flute tone exercises), the demonstrations, ... amazing.