Sunday 3 February 2008

A good day

Yesterday was a game of two halves - three if you count the surprise Wales win in the Rugby - winning not just the singing this time. I grew up in the 70s in the great days of JPR Williams and Gareth Edwards and am still basking in that glow. Wooden spoons bounce off me as I bring to mind the Welsh National Anthem in the Arms Park, but I digress, as usual.

In the morning I went to the Missa Cantata at Blackfen. All I can say is the real deal. Wow. This is the way it's meant to be.

(Saw Fr Z too.)

Then off to buy icing sugar and lemons to ice two Christmas Cakes for my parents' Ruby Wedding Anniversary Party in thier Church Hall. A fun time was had by all. One of my brothers sang and played the guitar and I play the last movement of Mozart 4th Horn Concerto with a backing track. (That's as groovy as the horn gets, let's face it.) Their PP is a fellow Dennis Brain fan so we have much in common. Lots of their old friends were there and well it is lovely to go to a party where you really know everyone very well and they know you. They had their wedding photo out and their Papal Blessing from Pope Paul VI. We are lucky to have them, several of their friends are widowed and a few of my friends have lost a parent, some when they were very young.

The only near disaster was that my aunt, uncle and cousins had a windscreen smash on the M25. They called a taxi from the hard shoulder (as y'do,) and arrived very late some with shards of glass in their hair. My cousin's husband had to go home with the car on the tow truck, so missed the party. Not good though a smahed windscreen in the dark.

1 comment:

Mulier Fortis said...

I was about to reproach you for not popping into the parish club (I didn't spot you at the Mass) but realise now that you had other fish to fry, figuratively speaking...

Thank goodness no-one was hurt in the windscreen incident! That's a minor miracle in itself...