Monday 1 October 2012

Seeing Snowdon





After frightening everybody by mentioning hymns (AAAAGH!) time for something apparently less scary.

An on-running joke amongst myself and my brothers is my parents' vagueness about important matters like, NAMING MOUNTAINS.

My mother contends that you can't see Snowdon, it's always in cloud. ALWAYS.

My route to their place up there, is along the A5 to Capel Curig, turn left past Plas y Brenin and through the Nant Gwynant Pass, past the famous Pen y Gwryd Hotel, of PYG Track fame and then if the weather is fine, the passing place that is a big viewing point. It has a diagram hewn in the rock outlining the mountains. I can therefore confidently assert that the pointy one is Snowdon.

Last time the weather was fine and so Mr Ice cream man was in attendance too. There is also a handy bus stop there. All mod cons and a magnificent view.



That's not to be confused with the pointy one round the corner which is of course, Cnicht.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Nant Gwynant, Gwynedd

No comments: