Thursday 5 April 2012

National insurance contributions

Yes I don't know why Income Tax isn't just put into one pot, but there we are. Anyway, that big wodge of cash that gets taken off me every month gets spent on lots of things. Some good, some very bad. So £1 million has been spent on inspecting Abortion Clinics and is now reported as if such an inspection carries no benefit at all. I'd be really happy if my money got spent on providing better food for elderly people and helping them eat it and taking notice of exactly how much they have eaten and drunk etc, but the tacet idea that abortion clinics need no regulation at all is laughable. What other activity is carried out using my taxes with no expectation of public scrutiny? I wish OfSTED didn't exist, but no-one's suggesting schools don't get inspected.

No comments: