Friday 17 July 2009

The Proms

have started today. So whilst most things musical shut down in London the RAH has queues of people snaking round it each night.

Haven't quite got my act together to book any tickets, which is pretty stupid because the foreign orchs especially sell out and Mariss Jansons is coming at the end of the season. Also I would like to hear the Leipzig Gewandhaus doing Mahler 10. I gave a school friend the score for her 21st Birthday, having been so excited to find the score when I went to university that I copied out the beginning and sent it to her. Back in the days of manuscript copies and letters, you understand. It starts with violas. I rest my case (viola case, naturally.)

All on R3, if the worst come to the worst.

Bed-time. Newsnight Review is on. Beats any comedy, but I have much to do tomorrow.

No comments: