Thursday 16 April 2009

Home again

I did get to Wales and had a very pleasant couple of days until I slipped over yesterday and dislocated my left shoulder. My Mum drove me to the nearest and only A&E, the excellent Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor where lovely nurses and doctors pumped me full of narcotics though the media of Welsh and English and put it back in. Morphine is great. Diolch yn fawr.

Now in a sling and typing slowly. The return journey then involved a further 4 members of the family and my Dad driving 600 miles in 48 hours. A tale too long to relate and too slow to type. We did get to have lunch as planned with an aunt and uncle along the way which was very enjoyable.

8 comments:

Ches said...

Some people just can't give up penance after Lent ;-) (ducks quick). Get well soon.

leutgeb said...

Tee hee.

Pity that Ravel Piano Conc if for the wrong hand...

Clearly six weeks sans chocs was insufficient!

Hope your Easter was more straightforward.

Mulier Fortis said...

Hope you're feeling better soon... is the arm in a sling?

leutgeb said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better..

gemoftheocean said...

Sorry this comment is late in coming but 600 miles in 48 hours? Was there a snowstorm of epic proportions, or did you do the ride backwards?!

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Karen
[Who's driven the 500 miles from San Diego to Sacramento (and Back) a few time and the longest it took me was 10 hours with a goodly number of stops.

leutgeb said...

goto

My Dad drove home from Wales on Tues 300 miles.

On Wed he drove to my aunt's 150 miles and home 150 miles.

Total 600 miles.

My mum drove my car to my aunt's and my brother drove it from my aunt's to my house.

My mum didn't want to drive my small car on the motorways in England.

leutgeb said...

PS imagine the busiest highway you've ever seen in America with cars going at 90mph + in the outside lane with fine spray obscurring your view and lots of lorries and that was the M6/M1/M25 leg home for my Dad.

My Mother was worn out having driven me on a road she didn't know to a hospital she didn't know in a car she doesn't drive very often.